Music accompanies me when I’m alone, when I’m sad, when I’m happy and well, you know, just about anything. Ever since I knew I could sing (winks!), music never left my side, especially when I had my first music phone and iPod.
So what’s in my playlists? Gathering all the available information (via iTunes‘ play count and last.fm‘s database) –
My Top 10 Artists
1. Jim Brickman – his music usually helps me relax and sleep
2. Lea Salonga – I was actually a bit disappointed to know that she came in only second; I am a big fan!
3. Kris Allen – obviously I’m a big fan of this American Idol (2009); never had I been such an admirer of any Idols, save Kris.
4. Plácido Domingo – actually I only have his Amore Infinito album but the tracks are heaven, as well as the musical arrangements (by Placido of course) of Pope John Paul II’s poems are amazing. I love his duet with Josh Groban in La Tua Semplicita.
5. The Company – their voices and harmony are ingenious.
6. Libera – an ensemble of boys with heavenly voices. Along with Jim Brickman, they help me relax and put me to sleep when I find it hard to get one.
7. Jason Mraz – I’m a fan and his songs are just addicting. Simple yet profound.
8. Josh Groban – one of my idols
9. Jennifer Hudson – I became an instant fan when she sang And I Am Telling You I am Not Going.
10. Rhydian – my latest find, another great voice
And these are the songs I have been listening to the most –
1. Falling Slowly by Kris Allen
2. What If by Rhydian and Idina Menzel
3. Spotlight by Jennifer Hudson
4. Light On by David Cook
5. La Tua Semplicità by Plácido Domingo and Josh Groban
6. She Works Hard For The Money by Kris Allen
7. Madre by Plácido Domingo
8. Sleep All Day by Jason Mraz
9. Libertà by Plácido Domingo
10. I’ll Be (Acoustic Version) by Edwin McCain
What’s in your playlists?