I’ll just make an update for now (I’m doing last minute office work before the official holidays begin here) with regards the ACTUAL songs the remaining eight finalists sang during their performances (in the order as listed):
1. Danny Gokey – the oldest among the remaining contestants, sang Stand By Me which is actually a 1961 hit of Ben E. King. Cheated with the theme? Not really. There’s a country cover of that song by Mickey Gilley in 1980.
2. Kris Allen – there’s always something negative with the second spot in the performances – he sang Don Henley’s All She Wants To Do Is Dance. The song choice is weird, for me.
3. Lil Rounds – actually sang Tina Turner’s What’s Love Got To Do With It as I expected and wanted her to sing. But still, more negative comments from the judges.
4. Anoop Desai – another song choice prediction come true – he sang Cyndi Lauper’s True Colors.
5. Scott MacIntyre – chose Survivor’s The Search Is Over. By golly, he has to go! A power ballad for Scott?!!!
6. Allison Iraheta – sang and did a subdued performance of Bonnie Raitt’s I Can’t Make You Love Me. I bet it was a good performance.
7. Matt Giraud – chose Stevie Wonder’s Part-time Lover. He’s not Stevie though.
8. Adam Lambert – for the pimp spot again, did Tears For Fears’ Mad World and got a standing ovation from Simon! A rarity!
Be back soonest for the rest of my reviews. Gotta work! Hehe.