This is funny and exciting. American Idol Season 8 Top 9 will perform on Tuesday songs from iTunes’ 100 most downloaded songs. I said it’s funny since some of the contestants, especially Adam Lambert, can again be outrageous in their choices. It’s exciting since it will really be show of how talented and original the contestants can be.
There is little to choose from iTunes top song list considering the styles of the contestants. Who would sing Lady Gaga? Beyonce? Kelly Clarkson? Britney Spears? Pink? Rihanna? Carrie Underwood, again? Will someone try to be hip and hop his/her way home? Will someone do another country song? or Miley Cyrus?
Here are my song preference for each of the contestants (I really enjoyed picking these songs):
1. Adam Lambert – Disturbia by Rihanna or Poker Face by Lady Gaga…oh my golly! (but he might choose some rock alternative songs, e.g. from Kings of Leon or The Fray or Nickelback)
2. Anoop Desai – Jai Ho! (I bet he could do some Pussycat ala Hindi) or Don’t Stop Believin’ by the Journey
3. Allison Iraheta – Decode by Paramore or Don’t Forget by Demi Lovato or Sober by Pink. She should not choose MLWSWY if she don’t want to be compared to Kelly Clarkson and fail.
4. Kris Allen – I don’t want him to sing Jason Mraz. I guess it would be How Do You Sleep? by Jesse McCartney or Manhattan from the Sky by Katy Voegele.
5. Matt Giraud – Mad by Ne-Yo or You Found Me by The Fray (I want to see him do some rock song….hmnnnn I think he tried with Viva La Vida during the Top 36 rounds and was eliminated)
6. Lil Rounds – Halo or Single Ladies by Beyonce
7. Megan Joy – Chasing Pavements by Adele or Love Story by Taylor Swift
8. Danny Gokey – I’m Yours by Jason Mraz or Viva la Vida by Coldpay
9. Scott MacIntyre – Home Sweet Home by Carrie Underwood (this is his goodbye song since I could not find a suitable piece for him).
Another buzz is that Lady Gaga and David Cook will perform in the results show next week.