For crying out loud, Matt Giraud was in the bottom 3 this week! I can’t believe it! Even if I really like Megan Joy, her performance last night was just awful. Randy was correct: it was a train wreck. She should have been in the position of Matt. Nonetheless, I was not wrong with the other 2 bottoms (no puns there! hehe), Scott MacIntyre and Michael Sarver. Michael should have been out last week instead of Alexis Grace.
Going back to the results show –
First up to safety was Adam Lambert who wowed (standing ovation from Smokey Robinson) almost everybody last night. That was highly expected. His version of The Tracks of My Tears was very original and his very solid falsettos reminded me of one of my favorite local male artists, “The Mouth”. Of course, Matt was the first to be called to the bottom 3 hot seats. That was very disappointing given his impressive vocal performance last night. And then LO AND BEHOLD! The most improved (I think) contestant among the bunch, Kris Allen is also safe though it was another given.
Allison Iraheta got the pimp spot during the performances and obviously she’s also safe. Also safe were Anoop Desai and then Danny Gokey, who absolutely has been trying really hard last night to outdo the performance of Adam but failed, is safe. Between Megan Joy and Scott MacIntyre, Scott was sent to the hot seat. I thought they both should be in the hot seat and Michael should be there also. I’m so redundant with Michael already. I should. Remember Alexis?
BTW, Lil Rounds is obviously safe. I did not notice her. It’s her week no matter how so-so her performance last night.
When Scott was made safe first, I was holding my breath. For obvious reasons, Matt is way better than Michael. But sending Matt to the bottom 3 got me confused and anxious for the outcome. Then it was time for Michael to perform his last song on the Idol stage. It was actually an overdue farewell for him. In fairness to him, he really can sing but as Simon has put it on precise words, he has “no chance of winning this competition” with his performance and “it isn’t good enough” to put him through for one more week.
Side comments –
- Ruben Studdard should have brought a towel while singing his latest single Together. Ruben should consider enlisting himself for another reality TV show – The Biggest Loser.
- Another one of those Pocketful (of Sunshine) Ford commercials…
- David Cook‘s new single Come Back To Me was previewed. It was one of the songs I like from his album.
- Josh Stone should have not performed. Of course, Smokey Robinson is still smoking hot.
- Stevie Wonder still rocks!
- The judges were obviously making a “show” about saving Michael. Heller?! They totally ditched him last night. Last night’s crayon mustache for Paula was enough show. I was actually wondering if somebody from the audience brought those coloring books and crayons. lols.
Finally, here’s my ranking (rather late) of last night’s performances:
1. Adam Lambert
2. Kris Allen
3. Matt Giraud
4. Anoop Desai
5. Allison Iraheta
6. Lil Rounds
7. Danny Gokey
8. Scott MacIntyre
9. Megan Joy Corkrey
10. Michael Sarver – ELIMINATED (Scott will be next)
So what’s the theme next week?