Season 7’s for the Beatles and now, Season 8’s for Michael Jackson. I don’t get it. I could still remember the comments of the judges on some of the Top 36’s song choices – tackling Jackson’s songs is like a kiss of death and only King of Pop can sing them.
Anyhow, the Top 13 will perform songs from Michael Jackson’s songbook this coming Tuesday, March 10, 2009. I hope there would be Cook-like interpretations. Would somebody pick the Thriller?
Probable picks from the songbook:
2. She’s Out Of My Life
3. I’ll Be There
4. Man In The Mirror (Kris Allen already sang this one during Top 36)
5. Beat It
6. Billie Jean (can they top Cook’s version?)
8. Rock With You (I think this is interesting)
9. Say Say Say
10. The Way You Make Me Feel
11. I Just Can’t Stop Loving You
12. Remember The Time
13. Heal The World (Scott or Danny can take this) 🙂
14. Black or White
15. You Are Not Alone
17. Will You Be There
18. Keep The Faith
This should be an interesting week theme. It’s a challenge for the (un)lucky 13.